PGA TOUR | WGC Dell Technologies Match Play
Scottie Scheffler (Pro V1) won for the third time in his last five PGA TOUR starts, emerging victorious in an all-Titleist golf ball final with Kevin Kisner (Pro V1x).
- Coming off victories at the WM Phoenix Open and Arnold Palmer Invitational, Scheffler hit 15 of his last 17 greens in regulation on Sunday, winning his morning semifinal match 3-and-1 before taking home the title with a 4-and-2 win in the finale.
- Scheffler, 25, gained more than 8.5 strokes tee-to-green combined over his final three matches at Austin Country Club, a course he played regularly during his time at the University of Texas.
- With the win, Scheffler moved to No. 1 in the World Ranking, becoming just the sixth player to climb to the top spot before the age of 26.
- Kisner finished runner-up for the second time in the event, having also won the event in 2019.
- Corey Conners (Pro V1) made it a 1-2-3 finish for Titleist golf ball players, winning the third-place match, 3 and 1.
- Six of the eight quarterfinalists played a Titleist golf ball.
SCHEFFLER ON HIS PRO V1
- Scheffler made the switch to the 2021 Pro V1 golf ball at the beginning of last season in Kapalua, moving from his prior generation Pro V1 model.
- Said Scheffler: “I found the new (2021 Pro V1) to be a little bit faster and a little bit softer cover. I was nipping it a little more around the greens, and then I picked up a couple miles per hour with the driver, so it was a good change. The aerodynamics were also better. The ball was more stable in the wind, but I could still put the amount of curve that I needed to put on the golf ball. A lot of times when the wind’s blowing really hard, you’ve got to really hold the ball against the wind as well. So you still need to be able to put some curve on that golf ball and control it with it also being stable in the wind. And I found that the new ball was a little bit better and a little bit more stable.”
MATCH PLAY CHAMP NOW 3-FOR-5 WITH NEW SCOTTY CAMERON PUTTER
- The winner of the WGC Dell Technologies Match Play is now 3-for-5 since switching to his new Scotty Cameron Newport 2-style putter.
- He first put the new Special Select Timeless Tourtype GSS tour prototype model in play at the WM Phoenix Open, where he claimed his maiden PGA TOUR victory while leading the field in putts per green in regulation (1.66) and ranking second for the week in Strokes Gained: Putting (+6.49).
- The new World No. 1 added the new putter to his bag following a December trip to the Scotty Cameron Putter Studio, where he worked with Scotty Cameron Tour Rep Brad Cloke.
- Sunday’s win also marked the 10th victory for Scotty Cameron putters this season on the PGA TOUR, more than any other brand.
ANOTHER WIN FOR VOKEY WEDGES
- The new World No. 1 also carries three Vokey Design SM8 wedges: 50.12F, 56.14F and WedgeWorks 60.06K.
- Sunday’s victory marked the 12th win this season for players carrying at least one Vokey wedge, the longstanding #1 wedge on the PGA TOUR.
Titleist Equipment Success at the Corales Puntacana Championship
Titleist was the most played golf ball, driver, hybrid, utility iron, iron, and wedge at the Corales Puntacana Championship.
DP WORLD TOUR | Commercial Bank Qatar Masters
Scotland’s Ewen Ferguson played his final three holes in 4 under par, chipping his Pro V1 golf ball in for eagle on Doha Golf Club’s 16th hole, to claim his first DP World Tour title.
- Ferguson, 25, followed up the eagle with a 16-footer for birdie on 18 that earned him the one-shot victory.
- Having started the final round three shots back of the lead, Ferguson closed in 2-under 70 to end the week at 7 under, edging out Titleist Brand Ambassador Chase Hanna, who finished at 6 under after a final-round 71.
- Said Ferguson: “I can’t believe it. It’s years and years of hard work. My mum, dad, brother and sister and my whole family have given everything for me to have this moment and it’s just an absolute dream come true. … I’ve had quite a few key putts now in my life. I said if I miss it (on 18) make sure it’s past the hole because who cares about the one back. I said make it and that’s what you practice for. … As for the chip in (on 16), I called it before I hit it to my caddie as I said it was a hole-able one. I’d been practicing my chipping this morning and as soon as I hit it I thought that looks good and sure it was.”
WINNER PLAYS TSi DRIVER, NEW SM9 WEDGES, NEW PHANTOM X PUTTER
KORN FERRY TOUR | Lake Charles Championship
Trevor Werbylo (Pro V1x) birdied the third hole of a playoff to capture his first victory on the Korn Ferry Tour.
- Werbylo, 24, played the weekend in 15 under, posting rounds of 64-63 to force the overtime session with Seonghyeon Kim (Pro V1) at 18 under.
- The University of Arizona alum made nine birdies in his final round, the final two coming on Nos. 17 and 18.
- Kim also birdied the last two holes of his closing 68.
- On the second hole of the playoff (398-yard par-4 18th), Werbylo made an improbable birdie to match Kim’s, hitting his approach from behind a grandstand to the fringe and making the putt.
- Werbylo and Kim led a 1-through-5 finish for Titleist golf ball players, followed by Eric Cole (3rd, Pro V1), MJ Daffue (T4, Pro V1x) and Anders Albertson (T4, Pro V1x).
TITLEIST SWEEPS EQUIPMENT COUNTS
PGA TOUR LATINOAMERICA | Termas de Rio Hondo Invitational
Kevin Velo (Pro V1x) won for the first time on the PGA TOUR Latinoamerica, making birdie on 18 Sunday to claim a one-shot victory in Argentina.
- Velo finished the week at 18 under, boosted by a third-round 8-under 64, the best round of the week at Rio Hondo Golf Club.
SUNSHINE TOUR | SDC Open
Titleist Brand Ambassador Clement Sordet birdied the first playoff hole to earn his maiden Sunshine Tour win and fifth title on the Challenge Tour in the co-sanctioned event.
- Playing a Pro V1 golf ball and full bag of Titleist equipment, Sordet closed in 5-under 67 to force the playoff with Ruan Conradie (Pro V1) at 21 under.
- Deon Germishuys (Pro V1) finished another shot back in third.
- Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x players have won all six events played this season on the Sunshine Tour.
What's in Clement Sordet's Titleist Golf Bag?
Golf Ball: Titleist Pro V1
Driver: TSi3 9.0°
Fairway Metal: TS2 15.0°
Hybrid: TS2 19.0°
Irons: 620 CB 3-9
Wedges: Vokey Design SM8 46.10F, 54.10S, 60.08M
Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X 11.5 tour prototype