The 2021 European Tour came to an end recently, with Titleist as the most played equipment brand across the season’s 33 events (not including PGA TOUR co-sanctioned majors and World Golf Championships):
- For the second consecutive season, Titleist was the top choice among players making it to the European Tour’s season finale, with 18 competitors at the DP World Tour Championship playing a Titleist driver – all of them TSi models.
- TSi3 was the field favorite (16 players), as it was all season long on the European Tour. TSi3 drivers were played a total of 1,153 times, more than double the nearest competitive model (518).
- TSi drivers also topped the European Tour with 13 victories – including wins by Garrick Higgo, Antoine Rozner, Bernd Wiesberger, Thomas Pieters and Rafa Cabrera Bello as well as the current 22nd-, 24th- and 28th-ranked players in the world – compared to seven for the nearest competitor. TSi3 was also most played driver model on the 2020-21 PGA TOUR.
- More than 30 percent of players on the European Tour last season stepped to the first tee with Titleist irons in the bag. Titleist irons were used in competition a total of 1,360 times, compared to 1,179 for the nearest competitor. Nobody hit more greens in regulation compared to the field average this season than Bernd Wiesberger (+6.96), playing a mixed set of T100•S, 620 CB and 620 MB irons. He also led the 2020-21 European Tour season in strokes gained from tee-to-green (+1.8).
- Once again, Vokey Design wedges were the overwhelming most played wedge at every event on the European Tour. A total of 7,459 Vokey wedges (46%) were put into play in 2021, more than double the nearest competitor with 3,644. A total of 20 winners this season had at least one Vokey wedge in the bag.
- More players (14) brought a Scotty Cameron putter to the winner’s circle than any other brand, five more than the nearest competitor (9). Two of those victories came from Garrick Higgo, who led the European Tour in strokes gained putting with +1.04 per round, gaming a Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 tour prototype putter.