Titleist Brand Ambassador Cameron Smith had a week he’ll never forget, and a Sunday back nine charge we’ll always remember, firing a final round 8-under, 64 to win his first major title and secure The Claret Jug.
Entering the day four back of the lead, Smith played the front side in 2-under par and then kicked off the back nine with an unreal stretch of five birdies in a row. Cam never looked back and rode that momentum all the way to the final hole where he put an exclamation point on the round and sealed the win with a birdie on the 72nd hole.
Fast Facts From Smith’s Sensational Victory
- Smith rolled the rock this week, gaining over 11 strokes putting this week, which lead the field.
- He matched the lowest round of the week twice in St. Andrew’s, with both a Friday and Sunday 64.
- Smith’s bogey free 64 on Sunday was also the lowest Sunday ever for a winner at St. Andrews.
The Winning Setup: Cameron Smith
Golf Ball: Titleist Pro V1x
Driver: TSR3 10.0° | Fujikura Ventus Blue 60 X
Fairway Metals: TSi2 15.0° | Fujikura Ventus Blue 80 X and TS2 21.0° | UST Mamiya Elements Red 8F5 X
Irons: NEW T100 5-9 | KBS Tour 130 Custom Matte Black X
Wedges: NEW Vokey Design SM9 46.10F, 52.08F, 56.08M, 60T | KBS Tour 130 Custom Matte Black X
Putter: Scotty Cameron 009M tour prototype
Inside the Numbers at the 2022 Open Championship
- Titleist was the #1 ball at The Open Championship this week at The Old Course, with 70% of the field teeing up a Pro V1 or Pro V1x, more than five times the nearest competitor.
- Titleist was most played driver, with Champion Golfer of the Year Cam Smith gaming a New TSR3 driver.
- Titleist was also the most played hybrid (with TSi3 being the most played Titleist model), utility iron (with T200 being the most played Titleist model), iron and wedge (with new Vokey Design SM9's being the most played at St. Andrews).